Konkreet Labs - Forum

Community Base
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: FAQ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 am 
Site Admin

Q: Ok, I've purchased Konkreet Performer, what now? How do I start making music?
A: Start with our Getting Started Guide for step by step instructions

Q: Performer doesn't start up!
A: There are a number of things to try to see if they are blocking KP from starting. The Apple Troubleshooting Guide is a good place to start. Additionally:

1. Quit all other open apps. KP needs a fair amount of RAM when starting up, so if you have many apps running, maybe there isn't enough free RAM available.

2. Just as a test, try enabling Flight Mode on the iPad. Sometimes OSC or MIDI network configurations in KP cause some long delays in starting, which leads iOS to stop launching KP.

3. Restart the iPad completely.

4. Finally, if all else fails, delete the app completely and then re-install it from iTunes. This re-install clears any settings which may have been causing the problem. If still no luck, drop us a line at info@konkreetlabs.com with details of your iPad version and which steps you've already tried.

Q: When I try to load up your OSCulator presets I get an error.
A: Some users reported that OSCulator "check for update" won't tell you you're not using the latest version. Make sure OSCulator is up to date.

Q: I have set up mycomputername.local. as you said, but still, no connection.
A: Make sure your computer name contains no spaces. Sometimes the iPad's auto-correction feature will sneakily insert a space between words, so worth double-checking!

Note for Mac OS X Lion + Ableton Live users: we've seen a bug (first reported here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=173&start=30 ) when enabling Track In in Live's MIDI preferences. Please disable Track In as a workaround. Remote In and the Control Surfaces can still be used as before. Update: This bug appears to be fixed with Live 8.2.8, so if using 8.2.7 or earlier, please update your Live version.

http://konkreetlabs.com/

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]