We’ve made some example presets to get started. Right-click on the links and choose “Save Link As…” to save them to your computer. You can then change the bank number in the filename as you wish and import them to KP as described below.
- Bank1Default.xml – the standard factory default for OSC and MIDI
- Bank2WaldorfPulse.xml – a demo MIDI mapping for direct connection to a Waldorf Pulse hardware synth.
- Bank3iElectribe.xml – a MIDI preset for use with Korg’s iElectribe app. Sends on MIDI channel 10 and can nicely scramble your Electribe beats :)
- Bank4Circle.xml – an OSC preset for use with FAW’s Circle Synth. Basic mappings to demonstrate use of custom OSC address patterns.
- Bank5MissingLink.xml – an OSC preset showing the syntax needed to send to the Jabrudian Industries’ Missing Link wi-fi OSC/MIDI translator.
- Bank5Oblique.xml – an OSC preset set up for Konkreet Labs’ Oblique Max for Live synth. Also, here’s some snapshots to get started – Snapshots5.xml
- Bank8BuffEaterLite.xml – OSC preset for Twisted Tools’ BuffEater Lite multi-effect for NI Reaktor 5.
- Bank7Wobbulator.xml – MIDI preset for Digital DJ Tools’ Wobbulator mapping for NI Traktor. This new MIDI preset can be used instead of the old OSC preset, so OSC-MIDI conversion (e.g. using OSCulator) is no longer needed. See the Digital DJ Tools page for the Traktor .tsi preset file.
- Bank5GhostShift.xml – OSC preset to control ReaktorTips’ Ghost Shift effect. Ghost Shift is a hypnotically addictive multitap filtered delay effect for Reaktor. This preset uses three nodes, so set the Ghost Shift voice count to 3 in Reaktor to match.
- Bank1_Magellan_Sinapsya.xml – six-node virtual MIDI preset designed to control Yonac Software’s Magellan Synth for the iPad. Many thanks to Fabio Di Mauro aka Sinapsya for submitting this preset.
- Bank5_Umox_KP.xml – an OSC preset mapped to the Umox_KP Reaktor ensemble. Umox_KP is a modified version of Dieter Zobel’s excellent Umox ensemble. We highly recommend checking out all of Dieter’s ensembles in the Reaktor User Library – wonderful work.
Preset Export & Import
Every bank’s settings – visual & behaviour settings as well as the OSC and MIDI mappings – is saved to an xml file that can be exported/imported via iTunes when the iPad is connected.
If no files appear here, try syncing the iPad with iTunes first.
As long as the filename starts with “Bank” and the number, then you can call them what you want e.g. Bank3_Traktor.xml. The filename is independent of the on-screen bank label. You can import mappings and they’ll be read when re-starting KP.