PERFORMER + NATIVE INSTRUMENTS REAKTOR
Reaktor supports OSC natively – perfect for direct connection with PERFORMER!
To set up the communication:
- Make sure your iPad and computer are on the same network and that PERFORMER’s OSC Out hostname and port number are correct. For more details on this step see the Setting Up page.
- Open your chosen Ensemble in Reaktor.
- Ensure that the Reaktor Engine is switched on.
- In Reaktor, open the OSC Settings… from the File Menu
- In the OSC pop-up window, select the OSC Receive tab, check that the port number is the same as set in PERFORMER, and check the “Activate” box.
- In PERFORMER’s main performance screen, check that you are on an OSC bank and move the object around to send messages to Reaktor. In Reaktor’s OSC pop-up window, you should now see new message lines updating in the incoming OSC Monitor area.
- Once this basic communication is confirmed, you can start mapping the PERFORMER messages to the ensemble controls. There are two ways of doing this:
- Fastest and easiest is to use the Controllers panel in the browser. Enable the Auto option to automatically list the incoming messages then, just drag and drop a message to a panel control to make the mapping.
- Alternatively, you can make mappings directly in the control’s properties view. This approach also allows non-panel modules to be mapped. In Reaktor Edit Mode, right-click on a control and select the Properties option. In the Properties panel, select the Connect tab and then the OSC RCV tab. Here, the Add Source button can be used to add a PERFORMER message to the mapping list.For more information, please consult the Reaktor documentation.
Here’s a selection of Reaktor instruments that are ready-mapped for PERFORMER:
- Peter Dines’ Arcturan UltraTheremin
- Twisted Tools Scapes
- Steve Taylor’s Vektory Mod for KP
- Krypt 1.3 – Konkreet Performer OSC map
Alongside the ever growing amount of instruments that are being custom tailored to work with Performer, we leave it up to your creativity to choose how to distribute, convert, use and abuse these messages to control your instrument of choice.